Entry Requirements


Please see the list on the Visa page for countries requiring a Visa.  Application forms ccan be downloaded from the Zambia Department of Immigration website

Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Zambia and have 2 blank pages.

VISA and other fees can be paid for with bankcards at the following Zambia airports:

Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in Lusaka
Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula International Airport in Livingstone
Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe International Airport in Ndola

The following cards will be accepted:

Maestro and
American Express


No immunisations are required by law for entry into Zambia, unless you are coming from an area where yellow fever is endemic.  However, the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the following:

Make sure you are up-to-date on routine vaccines, these include:
measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and your yearly flu shot.

Travel vaccines include Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Typhoid. and malaria medication

Passengers traveling to or via South Africa

Traveling to or via South Africa?  Please note the new regulations regarding traveling with children from 1 Jun 2015!

Parents traveling with children into or out of South Africa may be asked to show the child’s unabridged (full) birth certificate.

  • When only one parent is accompanying the child - parental or legal consent for the child to travel (eg an affidavit from the other parent, a court order or – if applicable – a death certificate).
  • If the child is traveling with a guardian - affidavits from both parents giving permission as well as copies of the parents passports and the contact details of the parents.
  • Traveling as an unaccompanied minor – a letter of affidavit from both parents or legal guardians and a letter from the person who will receive the child in South Africa, including that person's full contact details and a copy of their passport or ID book. The letter must also include details about where the child will be staying, and full contact details of both parents or legal guardians.