My Guide Website?
Zambezi National Park Private Wildlife Safari (4 - 10 hours)
Explore Zambezi National Park with an expert private safari guide. Get up close with mammals such as elephants, leopards, antelopes, buffalos & giraffes as well as 400 species of birds.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Zambia:If youʻre booking your trip to Zambia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Victoria Falls: Guided Walking Tour
- Chobe National Park: 3-Hour Game Drive
- Victoria Falls: Dinner Cruise on the Zambezi River
- Enjoy the privacy of your own car and see more than on group tours.
- Explore different habitats: the mighty Zambezi River, shrubland and savannah.
- Get up close with easily seen mammals such as Zebra and Giraffe.
- Find more elusive mammals such as Jackal, Lion, Leopard, Hyena and Sable.
- Learn about over 400 species of birds and interesting plants found in the park.
DescriptionExplore the vast, unfenced and genuine wilderness of Zambezi National Park. This private safari can be booked as 4-hour, 7-hour and 10-hour tour. If you are a nature enthusiast, we highly recommend you book at least 7 hours. A full-day tour (10 hours) will offer the best experience. Finding various animals needs time and patience. The Zambezi National Park can be reached within only a five-minute drive from Victoria Falls town, so there are no lengthy transfers involved. On this private safari, you will have your own car which means you have an excellent chance to find the specific animals you are looking for. Learn from your guide who has expert knowledge on mammals, birds and plants as well as nature conservation issues. The vast Zambezi National Park covers an area of 56’000 hectares and covers diverse habitats such as the mighty Zambezi River, shrubland and savannah. With over 400 species of birds recorded the park is a true birder’s paradise. For mammals, the park is home to four of the Big Five: You will have the highest chances to see elephants and buffalos whereas lions and leopards are more difficult to see. Other easily seen mammals in the park are Elephant, Chacma Baboon, Mongoose, Zebra, Impala, Wildebeest, Waterbuck, Buffalo, Eland, Kudu, Giraffe, and Warthog. Your expert wildlife guide will help you to find rare or elusive species such as Jackal, African Wild Dog, Serval, Hyena and Sable Antelope. A highlight of the park is the game drive route along the mighty Zambezi River. The Zambezi River forms the northern border of the park, and it also acts as the border to Zambia for much of its length. In the dry season, the river shore attracts a lot of animals and you will also be able to see typical river species such as hippos and crocodiles as well as many birds. The sprawling waterways of the Zambezi River are inhabited by over 75 species of fish with the most interesting species being the Tiger fish. The road along the Zambezi River has 25 numbered sites that are ideal for taking a break, stretching your legs and admiring the unspoilt natural beauty of the mighty river. Please note that during the rainy season (November to March) it is generally more difficult to see mammals as they tend to spread all over the park. Also, the conditions of the roads will be worse in the rainy season. In the dry season (August-October) mammals tend to congregate around the river making it easier to see them. However, the rainy season is better for birdwatching as the local resident species are joined by a vast array of Palearctic and intra-African migrants. It is also the nesting season for the resident birds and a great time to see them in their colourful breeding plumage.
IncludesGuide with expert knowledge on fauna & flora Hotel pickup and drop-off 4x4 vehicle Water Food (Picnic or Snack) included for 7-hour and 10-hour tour
- This private safari can be booked as 4-hour, 7-hour and 10-hour tour. If you are a nature enthusiast, we highly recommend you booking at least 7 hours. Finding various animals needs time and patience. Please note that we don't serve food on the shortest tour (4 hours). Longer tours will have breakfast, a simple lunch or snacks depending on starting time of the tour. You are required to bring cash to pay for the park entrance fee which is not included in the tour price (15 USD foreigners, 5 USD locals). This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We recommend wearing long clothing for protection from mosquitoes. Sunscreen, mosquito repellent and a brimmed hat are important too. Do not wear clothes with bright colours for the game drive. Bring binoculars if you have them. If you don’t, let us know in advance so we try to organise one pair for you.