My Guide Website?
Victoria Falls: Zambezi River White Water Rafting Experience5 Reviews
The Zambezi River is internationally acclaimed as one of the best locations for white water rafting. Enjoy the adrenaline pumping thrill of this exceptional activity, and also marvel at the stark, sheer beauty and tranquility of the Batoka Gorge.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Zambia:If youʻre booking your trip to Zambia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience a guided white water rafting trip which provides adventure while ensuring your safety comes first
- Power down the Zambezi River and experience Zimbabwe’s wilderness
- Enjoy a barbecue lunch and included open bar after the tour
DescriptionYour friendly driver or guide will collect you from your Victoria Falls hotel in the early morning. Enjoy a light breakfast before climbing into a jeep for a drive to the Zambezi River. Upon arrival, put on your gear and practice key safety maneuvers before hiking a steep trail to the put-in. Your group’s abilities and preferences determine the type of raft you take out, from a guide-controlled oar raft to a passenger-controlled paddle raft, this ensures a safe and fun trip for everyone. Low water season, when the rapids are most intense, is typically between August and December, while high water season occurs between January and March and then again in June and July. You'll hammer your way through notorious rapids with terrifying names like The Overland Truck-eater and Gnashing Jaws of Death. Upon arrival at your endpoint, you'll hike with your guide to the top of the gorge and enjoy cold beers and a BBQ before getting dropped back to your hotel. Rafting the Zambezi is 4-hours of pure whitewater adrenaline not including pick-ups and drop-off times.
IncludesPick-up and drop off at any hotel in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe All rafting gear including helmet, life jacket and paddle Local guide BBQ with refreshments and cold drinks Light refreshments during rafting
- There is no age restriction as long the child can swim, weighs at least 50 lbs, fits in a class 5 youth life jacket, and has a parental permission. If their weight is less than 50 lbs, he or she can only do the level 3 rapids and must skip the level 5 rapids; this will also depend on the guide's decision on which rapids or sections your child can do
- Please make sure to wear a T-shirt, shorts, and proper shoes for rafting and hiking up and down the canyon
- Check in advance during April and May to ensure rafting is still taking place if water levels have fallen
- There is no need to rent equipment as rafts, life jackets, and windbreakers are included, even kids life jackets and helmets are available.